Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In Spite for a Smile

Well here we are, week one is over. Only103 weeks left to go. Tuesday Nates mom received a letter for the whole family from my missionary. It was all good news, he is having a grand time and is learning a lot. He has a companion named Elder Dyer,  and the two of them seem to be working out well for each other.
I sent Nate 2 letters so far.... No personal responses but however my name was mentioned in the letter to his family... Well any how i had asked him in one of my letters if i could send him cookies, he responded in the family letter that it was okay to send cookies and that his companion had already received four boxes and that we were slackin.. So i replied yesterday upon reading the letter. I printed off a picture of a dozen cookies and then i cut them all out. I put them in an envelope with a small note that read: My dearest Missionary, If you want real cookies, i want a real handwritten letter. Love Jess. Now before i get an angry mob allow me to explain that i am only trying to provoke a smile in my missionary. Still having a hard time that he is gone, but i have managed to smile once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Jess...you are wonderful! I think it will bring quite a smile to his face. (And, to be honest, when I woke up this morning, I, too, said, "Well, only 103 weeks left."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! Grace and I mixed up cookies for him today. We'll see if there are any left by the time I get to the post office... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha :) thanks Suzzy.

    Graces little bit in the letter from nate was really cute :) ill never forget BEST BUDDIES FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete